Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ohhh Summer

Okay, since my last post was prior to spring break, I should likely fill in a few gaps:

1. Widener Law was small, but the civil procedure class I attended was a lot of fun, and got valuable info from both traditional and nontraditional students alike. Not counting that one out.

2. The prospect of dealing with DC traffic on a daily basis made me reconsider law schools in the immediate DC area. It's not completely out by any means, but it doesn't excite me like I used to be excited about DC. Still one of my favorite cities though.

3. Visited Gettysburg. Came in supremely handy to solidify the battles there (and in the area as a whole, since we drove through MD and VA via the "scenic route"). Ended up with a B+ in Civil War and Reconstruction... but that could also be because of the Gettysburg "lucky pencil".

4. Went to the US Supreme Court. Way smaller than I thought. Loved it though. Snapped a pic of Chief Justice Warren Burger for Professor Meddaugh. Also got a lucky pencil there.

Finals and papers came and went. Did well, with my only B's being in history. Still not my "all-A" standard, but I'll take it. Dr. Frederick's exams are difficult, only because there is just SO much information to digest before it (and I suck at dates and names, so I get them all mixed up sometimes.)

I have the summer off. Yes, I know I registered for a summer class, but I had to drop it due to severe lack of funds since I spent money set aside for said class on fixing a plumbing leak in my basement. Sometimes, you just have to suck it up and stay for another semester. So, graduation in Spring 2011. Not too shabby. Gives me some time to get my GPA up a few tenths of a point.

GPA for last term: 3.70 I'll still take it.

Next semester is chock full of General Ed requirements so that I can graduate a "well-rounded" individual:

Police & Society (CJ minor... I tried to switch in juvenile justice for this, but can't since it's a core element)
American Corrections (CJ minor)
Human Biology
Human Biology Lab
Living Well (phys ed at 40.. that should be exciting)
Poli Sci capstone
Ancient Greece

This leaves me with a whopping six credits to graduate. I know I have to take a political theory class. I'm pretty sure that I don't have to take anything as far as my major is concerned, but I'll probably take psych and law if it is offered in the spring... and the rest shall be classes that I wanted to take because they sounded interesting, but I didn't take because I had to take a core class. Spring shall be time to have a bit of fun, class-wise.

Took the LSAT a few weeks ago, get results on Monday the 28th. It was pretty brutal, so I hope I did okay.



No comments:

Post a Comment