Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fall Textbooks

I don't know about you, but I get anxious when textbook buying time rolls around. I don't want to dedicate a small fortune to books I'll read for 16 or so weeks. So, I rent as many as humanly possible via Chegg.com. They somewhat make you feel like an environmentalist, since every time you rent a book, they plant a tree... somewhere. I don't care if they do a cartwheel every time I rent a book; when you can use a book for the semester for $23 and the bookstore is selling the same exact book for $107 used, that's more money I get to keep in my pocket.

I found out about Chegg after the semester where I spent a whopping $647 on books, when I happened to be outside and someone walked by toting the ubiquitous bright-orange Chegg box. I remembered the name, checked it out and the following semester, only spent $250 on books for 6 classes (one wasn't available at Chegg, so it ended up being about $80 at the bookstore).

I'm still waiting for the fall textbook list to come out (which was supposed to be today, but isn't.) Go here, and keep an eye on it until books are posted. Rent them, order them online, whatever; just don't wait til the last moment, or else you'll be stuck paying the bookstore's prices.

Edit: I emailed about the fall book list, and it's UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment